The contest of research projects, carried out by young scientists under the leadership of Doctors of Science in research organizations of the Russian Federation in 2015.
The Federal government budgetary institution " Russian Foundation for Basic Research" (hereinafter referred to as the Foundation or RFBR) in accordance with a decision of the bureau of the Council of the Foundation is announcing the contest of research projects, carried out by young scientists under the leadership of Doctors of Science in research organizations of the Russian Federation in 2015 (hereinafter – the Contest).
The Code of the Contest – mol_nr
The goal of the Contest is to encourage participation of young scientists, including those from the Commonwealth of Independent States and other countries in research projects that are conducted in Russian research organizations and creation of environment for young scientists to perform research projects.
1. General provisions
1.1. Projects of basic research (hereinafter referred to as –The Projects) may be submitted for the following areas of expertise:
(01) Mathematics, mechanics and informatics;
(02) Physics and astronomy;
(03) Chemistry and material science;
(04) Biology and medical science;
(06) Research methods in Humanities and Social Sciences,
(07) Information and Telecommunication systems;
(08) Fundamentals of engineering sciences.
Attention: The Foundation does not support educational projects.
Duration of the Project should be a multiple of one month and should not be more than five calendar months.
The Project should begin not earlier than February 1, 2015
The Project should be completed no later than December 15, 2015
The Application should be completed in accordance with the requirements described in the Part 2 of this document.
The Applications should be submitted in the information system of the Foundation - KIAS RFBR
application submission starts on September 1, 2014 and ends at 17:00 (5 pm) (Moscow time) on June 30, 2015.
Note: The Application in a printed form with all required attachments must be submitted to the Foundation no later than 5 months before the start of the Project.
1.2. Following entities are eligible to present their Projects for the Contest
A) Legal entities - Russian research organizations or educational institutions of higher education.
B) Individuals - Russian citizens or individuals who have a residency permit in Russia, employed by Russian research organization or educational institution of higher education, engaged in research activities, with the Doctor of science degree.
1.3. Legal entity (hereinafter - the Scientific organization), representing the Project to the Contest should:
- determine an employee with Doctor of Science degree who has experience relating to the Project (hereinafter – the Project Manager), for submission of the Project to the Contest on behalf of the organization and management of the Project. The credentials are issued by the order and / or the power of attorney. Order (or the power of attorney) is made in accordance to the standards established by the Scientific organization. The Project Manager should be employed by the Scientific organization that submits the Project to the Contest.
- obtain consent of a young scientist to conduct research on the Project under the guidance of the designated employee. This Consent may be obtained in any form, including oral. The Consent of the young scientist should be confirmed by the signature of the Project Manager in the form 26 of the Application.
1.4. An Individual submitting the Project for the Contest (hereinafter – the Project Manager) should:
- obtain consent of a young scientist to conduct research on the Project under his/her leadership. This Consent may be obtained in any form, including oral. The Consent of the young scientist should be confirmed by the signature of the Project Manager in the form of 26 of the Applications.
- obtain consent of a legal entity (hereinafter - the Organization) to provide all the necessary conditions for the implementation of the Project, including acceptance of the Foundation’s monetary (Grant), allocated by the Foundation for the implementation of the Project (if the Project will be supported by the results of the contest) and to conduct all necessary transactions utilizing this accounts in accordance with the regulations of the Foundation. The consent of the Organization is confirmed by the signature of the head of the Organization in the form 3 of the Applications.
1.5. The Project Manager (representing the Scientific organization or acting on his/her own behalf) must have at least three articles in the last three years related to the Project theme published in the journals from the list of the Higher Attestation Commission (list VAC), or included in one of the following citation systems (bibliographic bases) Web of Science, Scopus, Web of Knowledge, Astrophysics, PubMed, Mathematics, Chemical Abstracts, Springer, Agris, GeoRef.
The Project Manager has a right to submit only one Project to the Contest.
When introducing his/her Project to the Context, Project Manager will ensure that:
- The Project does not contain material protected by the copy write laws, or clear legal consent is received from the owners of the copy write materials, for the submission the Project to the Foundation, and its publication on the Foundation's website.
- The Project does not contain state and / or trade confidential information,
- The title and the content of the Project does not match the title and the content of any planned topic performed (executed) by the Scientific organization (the Organization) and funded from the federal budget or other sources,
- The Project with the same name and the content is not declared to participate in other contests of the Foundation and did not receive the support of the Foundation and a grant is not allocated for the other contest of the Foundation.
1.6. The Scientific organization (the Organization) and the Project Manager:
- ensure the provision of necessary conditions for the implementation of the Project, in the event that it will be supported by the Foundation, including monetary transactions utilizing its bank account in accordance with the regulations of the Foundation;
- will manage the issues related to the invitation of the young scientist and his/her stay in Russia, including those regulated by the immigration and labor laws.
1.7. The age of the young scientist invited to work on the Project (hereinafter - the Executor of the Project) should not exceed 35 years (by the December 31, 2015) master’s students and PhD students are also eligible to be invited as the Executors of the Projects.
The Executor of the Project may be a citizen of the Russian Federation or a citizen of any other country.
Only one Executor can be invited for the implementation of the Project.
The Executor of the Project must have a permanent residence and place of work (or study) outside of the Russian Federation Region, where the Scientific organization (the Organization) is located.
The Executor of the Project - not a Russian citizen, should not be employed by the Scientific organization (the Organization) in any other quality, or to study in Russian institutions or organizations located in the same region of the Russian Federation, where the Scientific organization (the Organization ) is located.
The Executor of the Project who is employed or is a student of the Russian based entity should coordinate his/her participation in the Project with this entity and should present a written confirmation described in the Attachment 1 to this document.
1.8 For the implementation of the Project the Foundation presents a Grant, that is calculated based on the duration of the Project ( 70 000.00 Russian Roubles monthly)
The grant must be used in accordance with the Foundation’s List that is allocated to the supported Projects carried out by scientists with Doctor of Science degrees in research organizations of the Russian Federation to individuals and to the supported Projects carried out by scientists with Doctor of Science degree in research organizations of the Russian Federation to legal entities.
1.9 The list of the supported Projects will be published on the Foundation’s webpage.
The Project Managers will be informed regarding the awarding of the grant or, regarding the grant’s denial via his/her private web pages within KIAS RFBR
In accordance with the Foundation’s rules grants are transferred to the bank account of the Scientific organization (the Organization) after the agreement with the Foundation is signed.
Attention to the Project Managers: in order to create the agreement with the Foundation – the Project should be registered with FGANU «CITiS», and the registration number should be entered into KIAS RFBR
2. How to apply to the Contest.
The Project Manager should submit an Application via KIAS RFBR and once it is registered by KIAS RFBR and the registration number is obtained, the printed version of the Application should be submitted to the Foundation.
2.1 In order to submit an Application to KIAS RFBR the Project Manager should:
- register with KIAS RFBR in the event that it was not done prior,
Prepare an application according to KIAS RFBR
- sign the application (after it is signed the application is submitted to Foundation for the registration)
The application to KIAS RFBR consists of:
-for the individual – form “T” (title form ), form 2-P that contains information regarding the Project Manager, form -26 that contains information regarding the Project and its Executor, form 3 that contains information regarding the Organization
- for the legal entity form “T-o” (title form ) form 2-P-o that contains information regarding the Project Manager, form -26 that contains information regarding the Project and its Executor, form 3-o that contains information regarding the Scientific organization
Attention: Project Managers do not have to invite the Executors for their registration with KIAS RFBR. The information regarding the Executor should be submitted by the Project Managers in Form 26 of the application.
PDF file containing the following information should be attached to the application in KIAS RFBR system:
- Form 26 that should contain description of the Project with all the necessary graphs, tables, drawings ( no more than 10 pages)
- list of the Executor’s main publications
When submitting application on behalf of the Scientific organization the attached file should also contain a copy of the order of appointing the Project Manager by the Scientific organization and /or the Power of Attorney for the right to represent the Project on behalf of the Scientific organization.
ATTENTION: the size of the file should not exceed 4Mb. Use of formats different from PDF and RTF is not allowed.
2.2 The Project Manager fills out the form 26 of the application.
The title of the application should reflect the Project’s content, for instance: "Behavior of gallium in the hydrothermal process."
Form 2-P containing the information regarding the Project Manager registered with KIAS RFBR is filled out automatically (the data available upon registration is entered into the system.) If the Scientific organization (the Organization) is already registered in KIAS RFBR system then form 3-o (form 3) is filling out automatically, otherwise, it should be registered by the Project Manager.
The signed by the Project Manager Application is registered automatically. The title form (form “T” (“T-o”) is generated upon the registration of the Application and the Application (Project) gets the assigned registration number.
Attention: The registration of the Applications with KIAS RFBR occurs immediately after the button “to Sign” is pressed by the Project Manager. It is not possible to introduce any changes to the Application after it had been registered. In the event that changes need to be introduced into the application the Project Manager has to take off the Application from the Contest by clicking on “Remove the application from the registration”. The application may be signed ONLY one time by the Project Manager once it had been taken from the registration.
2.3 The Project Manager may print out the Application after it gets the registration number.
Attention: one (1) printed copy of the Application form filled out in accordance with the above stated requirements should be submitted to the Foundation.
The Foundation will only consider Applications that are submitted in accordance with the abovementioned requirements and printed by KIAS RFBR.
The file attached to the Application should NOT be printed and is NOT submitted to the Foundation.
The following documents should be submitted to the Foundation no later than 5 months prior to the start of the Project:
- signed copy of the Application,
- copy of the order of the Project Manager assignment by the Head of the Scientific organization and / or the properly certified power of attorney form for the right to represent the Project on behalf of the Scientific organization (only for legal entities) ,
- the original of the writing confirmation (Attachment 1) (only for the Executers who work or study in Russian research organizations)
Attention: The Foundation will NOT accept any Applications that will be submitted after the above indicated deadline. Delivery of the Application forms that are left in a Foundation’s post box may take up to 2 business days.
The Projects will be allowed to participate in the Contest only if they are submitted in accordance with the regulations stated above.
All sheets of the Application must be stapled. The application should be submitted in the envelope containing the following title (beside whatever is required by the post office for proper letter delivery “Contest RFBR”, the application number, and the code of the contest.
Example: “Contest RFBR” – (№15-01-11001) – mol_nr.
The Applications may be:
- Sent to the Foundation to the following address RFBR, GSP-1, B-334, Leninskiy prospect, 32a, Moscow, 119991, Russia ( postage insurance is not needed )
Submitted to the Foundation’s post box at the following address: Leninskiy prospect, 32a, Moscow
The Foundation’s post box is open daily 10 am – 5 pm, closed for weekends.
Attention: the Foundation will not accept any parcels or letters insured by the Post Office.
3. Evaluation of the Projects
3.1 The Foundation makes a decision to support a Project based on the results of Projects Evaluation.
The basic criteria on Projects assessments are available on the Foundation’s web site.
3.2 Any information on the contents of the Projects and on the results of their evaluation is strictly confidential. According to the Foundation’s rules and regulations, Foundation’s employees and its experts are not allowed to disclose it. The Project Managers will only have access to the final part (reviews) of the evaluation reports after the decision on whether to grant a Project or to refuse a grant has been made.
Attention: The Foundation will not discuss the results of the evaluations and will not return the Projects submitted to the Contest.
4.1 The Project Managers will have to submit a Report within 30 days from the date of Project’s completion, no later than January 15, 2016
4.2 Reports should be submitted via KIAS RFBR and should be consisted of:
For the individual – title form (form 5T), forms 514_mol (conduction of research), 506_mol (financial report), 512-Р (about the Project Manager)
For the legal entity – title form (form 5T), forms 514_mol (conduction of research), 506_mol (financial report), 512-Р (about the Project Manager)
PDF file with the full text of the report (containing drawings, graphs and tables). The results of the Project execution should be presented on a scientific seminar or meeting of the Council of the Scientific organization (the Organization) and/or published. The written confirmation of the project’s result presentation and/or a preprint of the article (with reference to the financial support of the Foundation) should be attached to the Report.
Report is registered by the Foundation (the status report in the KIAS RFBR - "registered").
The Project Managers should print out the Report and submit a printed copy of the Report to the Foundation within 15 calendar days after the registration of the report in the KIAS RFBR
Form 514_mol should be sealed by the Scientific organization (the Organization) stamp.
The duly certified written confirmation of the project’s result presentation and/or the preprint of the article should be attached to the Reports.
Attention: The Foundation will not consider the Reports that are not registered by KIAS RFBR. In the event when the Report with the attachments described above is not submitted within the indicated timeframe – the Foundation reserves the right to demand a full refund of the Grant from the Scientific organization (the Organization) and the Project Manager.
E-mail address for the customer service technical support firstname.lastname@example.org
FORM 26. THE CONTENT OF THE AND THE EXECUTER
Area of expertise
Main Classification Code
Additional Classification Code
Duration of the Project
Start date of the Project
Date of Birth
Executor’s primary country of work /study
Executor’s primary town of work /study
Executor’s primary region of work /study
Executor’s primary place of employment
Contact Phone Number
Fundamental Problem Addressed by the Project
Aims and objectives of research carried out by the Executor of the Project (including a summary of the research (0.5 - 1 page)
Explanation of the organization to execute the research choice (volume 0.5-1 page)
Proposed methods of the research (including a detailed plan of the research)
Expected at the end of the Project results
List of main (up to 5) publications of the Executor published in peer-reviewed journals over the past 3 years and related to the project content
List of main (up to 5) publications of the Project Manager published in peer-reviewed journals over the past 3 years and related to the project content
Main scientific achievements of the Executor
The Executor of the Project had confirmed his/her approval:-
- For the execution of the Project under my supervision within the Organization within the following timeframe : from______________2015, until__________________2015
- with the content of Project for the Contest, with the terms of the contest and the current edition of the "Rules of the organization and work on research Projects, supported by the Federal State Institution " Russian Foundation for Basic Research "
- the use of personal data for information and financial support for the Project
Signature of the Project Manager _________________________
FORM “T -o” Title form
(should be submitted only in printed form)
AREA OF EXPERTISE
TYPE OF CONTEST
FULL NAME OF THE PROJECT MANAGER
PHONE NUMBER OF THE PROJECT MANAGER
( AREA CODE IN BRACKETS)
FULL TITLE OF THE SCIENTIFIC ORGANIZATION SUBMITTING THE PROJECT FOR THE CONTEST
REQUESTED FUNDING FOR 2015 (RUB).
YEAR OF THE PROJECT START
YEAR OF THE PROJECT COMPLETION
SIGNATURE OF THE PROJECT MANAGER
Form 2-O Project Manager’s Personal Data ( the individual representing the Scientific organization and submitting the application for the Contest)
Last Name ( in English)
First Name ( in English)
Middle Name (in English)
dd/mm/yyyy (in arabic numerals - date/month/year)
Gender ( 1 – male 2 – female)
Year the Scientific Degree was awarded
Year the Academic Title was awarded
Full name of the organization - the main place of employment
Abbreviated name of the organization - the main place of employment
Research interests (key words, no more than 15, lower case letters, separated by commas)
Area of research Interests (codes according to Classifier 2015)
Total number of publications (excluding abstracts)
Contact Phone Number
Participation in the Project (O - Project Manager, representing the Scientific organization)
I have read and agree to adhere to and to comply with the terms of the Contest and the current edition of the "Rules of the organization and work on research Projects supported by Federal State Institution" Russian Foundation of Fundamental Research Projects "
I agree to use my personal data for informational and financial support of the Project.
Form 3_o. Information about the Scientific organization
Abbreviated name (only use officially approved name)
Full name (only use officially approved name)
Full name in English (use only officially approved name)
Postcode (without address)
Postal address (without postcode)
City, town (unabbreviated)
The Code of the Region
Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN):
BIN number (state registration number)
Signature of the head of the organization _____________________________